Tuesday 15 April 2008

Summertime And The Living Are Cheesy.

Since this smoking ban in public places has been in force, I think we've been spoiled a bit by the fact that it's been mostly cold weather since.
Now that things are warming up a bit, I must say that in some ways I'm glad I have to go and stand outside the pub for my fag. The bloody place stinks of festering feet, armpits and a whole host of other things that I really don't care to think about, these days.

If anything, I think I'm smoking more now, on the strength of it!

It does make you wonder if the government is really helping anyone, other than themselves, with their 'motherly' behaviour modification rules.

How about a law that insists that people wash and purge themselves of gas before they enter a public building?

3 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

Quite agree Ramster. Not so long ago I had the misfortune to be in one of Our Frank's gaffs where a fellow sitting at the bar was guffing like an elephant. His mates excused him by saying he 'didn't get out much'. A fair bit seemed to be getting out of him, though.

Lucy Mail said...

Maybe 'Guff' could be the new word for 'Gaff'?
Seems fitting and it wouldn't be a huge transition.

Ramskateraider said...

I don't really like the smell of cigarette smoke, if I were to be honest. The stench of the great unwashed, habitually farting, pub going public, though, takes olfactory offensiveness to a whole new level.

Gimme a face full of fag (no, not you, Brown), any day!